Welcome to the ‘Grand Avenue Primary School Parents’ Association’ (GASPA) website. As a parent/ carer of a child at the school, you automatically become a member of the Parent Teacher Association (PA). Hopefully this web site will help parents, particularly those new to the school, to know more about the PA, including background information, how the PA works, roles and responsibilities, events that take place throughout the year and how you can help!
We are very lucky to have such a dedicated team of parents at the School and would like to take the opportunity to thank all of those – past and present, who have provided such valuable support and assistance to the School.
Here is a taster of some of things we do:
- Cake + Doughnut Sales
- Christmas Fair Summer Fair
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Easy Fundraising +EasySearch
- Fundraise for the Pool
- Ink Recycling
- Kids Themed Discos
- Kids Cards Christmas Cards
- Lolly Sales
- Mini GASPA Kids Club
- Modern and informative Website
- Mufti Days
- Puppet / Magic Shows
- Quiz Nights
- ….……and many more!!!
The PA (GASPA) was formed by the parents in 1970 to raise money for a school swimming pool. The first event to be held was a jumble sale in 1970 and the following year was the first summer fair. GASPA managed to open the pool in 1975 and further additions have been made to it over the years. We became a registered charity in 1981 (charity no. 282578).
- Provide and assist in the provision of facilities or education not normally provided by the local education authority.
- Foster more extended relationships between the staff, parents/carers and others who are interested in the needs and welfare of the school.
- Engage in activities, which support the school and advance the pupils’ education.
- Raise funds (for specific targets) to enhance the school life of the pupils attending the School; educationally, personally and socially.
Over the years we have raised thousands of pounds, which have been spent on improving equipment and resources to enhance the children’s education and the facilities in School in general.
Links with Local Business
We are very well supported by both residents and businesses, for which we are very grateful. Many of our local shops are very generous in their donations of raffle prizes and gifts for auctions and some have also taken part in our events.