Becoming a class representative is an excellent way to become more involved with the School. The Class Rep Hand Book gives details on everything you need to know about being a class rep. Below is a brief summary.
- To act as the main parent representative for your child’s class.
- To be the main spokesperson acting for parents in your class.
- To be the main contact person for liaising between parents, GASPA and the school.
As a Class Rep we would like you to:
- Attend Class Rep meetings with GASPA Vice-Chairs and Chair (approx one per term).
- Come to GASPA General Meetings or delegate this responsibility to another parent in your class, so that there is at least one representative from each class is present at such meetings.
- Feedback information from the GASPA meetings to parents in your class.
- Communicate ad hoc information to parents either from GASPA or the School. This might require you to attend the occasional meeting during school time or in the evening, or to delegate to someone else in your class.
- Organise your class‘s participation in year group cake stalls (sending out a letter to parents requesting cakes, putting up posters, collecting and pricing cakes, organising a float of money, selling etc.)
- Coordinate swimming rotas for parents in your class to help in the pool area and the changing rooms. This is really vital for the continuation of swimming lessons in your class.
- Manage and co-ordinate helps for your designated stall at key events such as the Christmas and Summer Fair. The key aspect to this role is to ensure enough help through rotas and to delegate enough responsibilities to other parents in your class to accomplish a successful team effort.
- Attend any pre-event preparation meetings (as required).
- Liaise with parents at Christmas and at the end of the academic year to coordinate a gift for the teacher, classroom assistant and other support staff.
- Arrange occasional social activities for parents in your class to promote relationships between parents and to make the coordination of above mentioned activities easier. This might be a night out for Christmas or end of term get together.
|Nursery – AM|
|Nursery – PM|